Success is a matter of reading the instructions carefully!
Carefully read everything below, such as password reset handling, etc.
Part One objective is to logon to z/OS and complete a few simple tasks.
'No Experience Necessary' -- You will be shown exactly what to do.
Each contestant has a unique ID consisting of a numeric identifier following the Z.
When Z##### is mentioned or shown in a screen shot, substitute your assigned ID
or the challenges will not work as designed.
Example - If your ID is Z00001, then replace Z##### with Z00001 when completing challenges.
- First system logon requires you to enter password sent to you in confirmation email
The system prompts to enter a new password that only you would know
The system prompts to enter the new password a second time for verification
- In the event a logon attempt results in
- Self service password reset application is available
- Use Master the Mainframe Slack Workspace to reset password
Password Reset Instructions
- If a password reset is still needed after following instructions:
-- Request password reset in the contest slack 'Password Reset' channel.
-- Be sure to include your unique ID when requesting password reset in the slack channel.
- When the instruction web page is large, then drop downs are visible
- When the instruction web page is small, then the drop downs may not be visible
- When the instrucion web page is small, then click + symbol to view sections
Next: Workstation Preparation